Introduction

This blog has been setup to let everyone know what is happening with Jaren. We hope it will be helpful in getting the information out to all who wish to know what is happening and to those who desire to pray for Jaren.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home at last

Yes we are finally home, it is so nice to not be in a hospital. Karis got to meet her little brother for the first time today and she was so excited. Jaren is now a month and 1 day old and is doing great. I was worried we would have to stay the weekend, because Jarens white blood cell count was a little high, and that has been what kept us up there, twice this week, I got the truck loaded to come home and then was told we would be staying one more day, so when I got the report that Jarens count was still up I thought we might have to stay the weekend, I was so happy when our doctor told us he could now come home. What is even better is one of the nurses that works at Childrens Mercy in KC lives about 3 miles from our house, and she told us that if we have any questions or concerns she would come and check on our son or give us help if we need it, what a comfort that is. I know the Lord has had his hand in this miracle all the way from the beginning, all the way to make sure there is help near by if needed, I know Jaren is a special little boy that will do great things in his life, He has such a wonderful spirit about him that has changed peoples lives for the better all around the world and he is only a month old, I am so honored to be the father of such a son. I can't wait to see the things he will do with his life, He has influenced me to be a better person, a better husband, and a better father. Karis is the same way, I in no way deserve the wonderful children that have been placed in my life, my little family is the greatest blessing I have ever recived.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're finally home!

    Victoria Murray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so glad to hear that you guys all got to come home!! That's great that Karis finally got to meet her little brother... she's been so proud of him before he was even born (I remember at the baby shower she was so cute talking about each item and how it was for HER brother.) What a little trooper... how hard that must have been for her to not get to see you guys very often! (and vice versa of course!) Glad you're all home together again! (and that is very comforting to know someone that lives so close by who can help with any questions or concerns if needed!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear that Jaren is finally home. I'm glad that he has continued to get better and I'm sure it is in no small part because of the countless prayers and your loving attention. I will continue to pray that God will bless your family. I hope you continue to post updates to this site!

    ReplyDelete