Introduction

This blog has been setup to let everyone know what is happening with Jaren. We hope it will be helpful in getting the information out to all who wish to know what is happening and to those who desire to pray for Jaren.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

When are we coming Home?

This seems to be the big question, unfortunately I still do not have the answer, I asked the Doctor and she said plan for two weeks and hope for one. Believe me I am hoping and Praying for one. Right now we are waiting on the lab results from yesterdays spinal tap, they are testing for meningitis, that takes about a week for all the cultures to grow, the good news is when there is an infection in the brain, the spinal fluid will have a high white blood cell count, and the fluid will be cloudy, Jarens count was 6 (which is low) and his spinal fluid was crystal clear, so , so far everything looks really good, now we are waiting to see if he can do well without the assistance of oxygen, and are trying to continue teaching him how to eat, he seems to do really well but every once and a while he will not eat enough and they have to feed him with a tube. So I haven't been posting much because there are a lot of still unanswered questions and I didn't want to start any speculation, so I will share what I don't know and maybe that will answer some questions about what is going on, I guess no news is good news; Right?
All in all Jaren is doing great compared to most of the children that have had Ecmo, and as for this week Mindy and I are trying to be with him as much as we can and trying to help him eat, plus we are taking some classes offered by the hospital on infant CPR, and other related things that will help just in case something would go wrong when we get home, of course we also have a check off list of training we must go though before we take him out the door for the same reason.
A huge thank you to all who are helping and praying for us and a great big huge thank you to Premier Auto Sales in Carthage for being so patient with all of this and keeping my job available for when I return, I've been asked a lot if I will still have a job when I get back, And I tell every one I work for a great family run business that takes great care of their employees and customers, so I feel their generosity is worth short infomercial on this Blog, So if you are in the need of a great like new, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, or a new Harley for your garage, go to Premier Auto Sales in good ol Carthage Missouri and tell them Brent sent ya! (wink wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment