Introduction

This blog has been setup to let everyone know what is happening with Jaren. We hope it will be helpful in getting the information out to all who wish to know what is happening and to those who desire to pray for Jaren.

Friday, March 6, 2009

No more IV

Today they removed the IV from Jarens head, It is nice to see a tube or a wire disappear on about a daily basis, it sure is easier to pick him up and hold him. Right now he is still on a little bit of Oxygen and they are feeding him every other time though a tube that runs down his nose to his stomach, the reason for this is he still hasn't gained all the strength he should have from being so sick, so the act of feeding him wears him out so much he falls asleep about 15ml. into his feeding when he needs about 60ml. So we are waiting for him to let us know when he is strong enough, of course he is still doing remarkably well for an infant that was as sick as he was.
We are so blessed to have such a strong little child and that we get to raise him in this world, I am so happy to be the father of two wonderful kids and to have a beautiful loving wife, Like my good friend Kenny once told me; '' You find out you are going to have a family, and you wonder how in the world will I be able to take care of them? Then after they are there you look back and wonder; How did I ever survive without them? " I have found that to be one of the most profound things I have ever heard, it is so true, and I am blessed every day I have my wonderful wife and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment